-->

July 28, 2026

Frog with a Blog

I haven't had this blog for more than 24 hours yet. But I wanted to write about my initial thoughts on having a blog. 


1. Aesthetics - why?!

I love pretty things. I love the satisfaction of looking at something, thinking it looks amazing, and knowing that I made it look that way. But the process... not a fan. In case you haven't heard, I'm a perfectionist (not a good thing btw). Therefore if I am not able to execute whatever vision I had in my mind I tend to get pretty frustrated. And as you can imagine, attempting to code in order to make a website cute has been a hard time for me. One day maybe this blog will be cute. For now, it is what it is. 


2. Chloe, or Sam, or Sophia, or Marcus

Coming up with names is actually so challenging. Well, titles. Thinking of a blog title/name, making titles for each post. Well, I guess that's it. That doesn't sound bad, but it has been a struggle for me. For example this post is titled "Frog with a Blog" because I keep thinking of that Disney show, Dog with a Blog. Took me a minute to get to that idea. Also coming up with cherryapostate was basically me mashing up random words together until I found a name I didn't hate that wasn't taken by anyone else. And as far as I can tell, there is no other cherryapostate. Maybe I need to do more extensive research.


3. Off with their heads

AKA, execution (I have to say that was a good one, lol). I keep having ideas but actually executing them hasn't been working so well. I started writing approximately 3 completely different posts before I decided to stick with this one. I gave up on each one because after I started writing I realized I had so much to say, but not the words to say it. I think I need to read more so I can have vocabulary that isn't just brain-rot. 


4. Shoot for the...?

I have the tendency to come up with these grand plans, then slowly reduce the goal until I eventually give up. Or, I will start with a tiny plan and randomly make it bigger and bigger until I feel overwhelmed, and give up. I started thinking "wow it would sure be fun to make a blog". Then I was like "wow maybe I could make a lot of money from a blog". And then I thought "I am going to make the cutest blog you have ever seen". You get it. I am trying not to progress to the giving up stage. For now, I am attempting to go back down to that original idea of "this would be fun". I don't think this is going to be my Mark Zuckerberg moment (lizard man). 


5. Blanked

Maybe this is the same as execution, but I am struggling to finish my thoughts. I couldn't think of a fifth point to make. Thus, not thinking is my point. Also it felt wrong to leave it at 4. What I mean is, I forget.


Thanks for being here,


3 comments:

  1. omg i am such a perfectionist too and i get you, but let me just say, for your 4th point, as someone who has blogging since the start of last year, using blogger.com, you just need to let it sit until you have something to say ! don't worry too much about what you're saying or being too consistent, it only becomes demotivating and makes you wanna give up !

    trust me i relate with you so much in these points and the one thing about blogging (before this tiktok that inspired everyone) is that its not a social media app, so there's no reason to worry too much about who's reading or why and anything like that. you are mostly doing it for yourself ! so don't worry about posting so much at once or feeling like you need to, just use this platform when you need, to make it the most fun it can be for you.

    and coming back to your first point, i made my first 2 blogs https://shreyatalksalot.blogspot.com/ (current) and https://shreyabutnotnarrow.blogspot.com/ (last year), with no coding !!! i used embeds and things like that, but not a single drop of coding (which i probably should as i did years of coding as a kid) but trust me, you can make it so cute and fun without it being as hard or frustrating as it has to. it does get a little annoying at times, but i promise, just have the most fun with it and you will love blogging!

    i love your writing style and humour though, so i'll of course follow along, and omg you are an ex-mormon and mormonism is one of my special interests (okay a bit weird perhaps, but ive been interested in years and i'm agnostic) so i'd loveee to keep reading !

    hopefully this helps, and if you are wanting any help in decorating or anything, feel free to dm my tiktok or insta etc on my profile and i can try :)

    - shreya

    p.s. add a profile/follow button on your profile so we can keep updated

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It genuinely made me so happy to see I had a comment!! This is such helpful info thank you so much! Your blogs are both so cute, obsessed. I actually had no idea that I didn't have a follow button yet so thank you - added one now :)

      Delete
  2. CHLOE OR SAM OR SOPHIA OR MARCUS MENTIONNNNNNNN

    ReplyDelete


Popular Posts